Hello! We are Rauno and Melinda—owners of Fitness Factory. We met in nursing school at University of Florida, where fitness was a big part of our lives. As we got deeper into our nursing studies, we had a realization: So many of our patients’ illnesses could have been prevented with a healthier lifestyle!
We committed to preventative healthcare, and opened Fitness Factory in 2003. But we didn’t want to become a regular gym. At that time, it was obvious that the fitness industry was inundated with unqualified enthusiasts peddling improper information. Although enthusiastic, they can hurt people. As RNs and Certified Personal Trainers, we created Fitness Factory to help people. That’s why our entire business is centered on providing the finest equipment, most qualified trainers, positive environment and knowledgeable staff.
We believe in creating a healthier, happier world—one person at a time.
We can’t wait to meet you!
These values drive our business.
Our business is built on important beliefs. If you value the same things we do—then we know Fitness Factory will be a perfect fit for you.
- Potential. Each person has unique potential. Our mission is to help individuals discover and ultimately realize that potential.
- Positivity. It is our duty to create positivity in everything we do, and to engage in charitable endeavors that benefit our communities large and small.
- Growth. We cannot reach our potential and propel our mission of positive influence forward if we do not continually learn and grow as individuals and as a collective team.
- Family. Our internal team motto is, “You don’t have to be blood to be family.” We care for and respect each other above and beyond the confines of our defined roles. We consider our customers to be an extension of that family; we care for their health and wellbeing, and strive to honor our relationship in every interaction.
- Fun! We take our work seriously and like to have fun while work hard. We infuse our day-to-day operations with a more than healthy dose of humor and silly antics that define our company personality. From team nicknames to silly social media posts, there is never a dull moment at Fitness Factory.
- Stewardship. We gladly accept responsibility for the care and management of a variety of precious resources, none of which belong to any person(s) at the company helm. Conservative management of financial and environmental resources is our policy to ensure the longevity and success of our team members, their families, our customers and our community.